AutoCAD Software – Ease your Work
AutoCAD is made up of two words Auto and CAD. The first part is taken from the name of its parent company Autodesk and the latter means Computer Aided Design. Autodesk AutoCAD software is a computer software application commercially used by architects, project managers, engineers, graphic designers, city planners for 3-D and 2-D designing and drafting. It is designed, developed, and marketed by Autodesk. The software first launched by Autodesk in December 1982 the first version of AutoCAD software was R1 then R2 R3 so on10 AutoCAD is also launched as a mobile and web app, which is marketed by AutoCAD 360. The current version of AutoCAD software available is 23.0 released on 22nd Mar’18.
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2021 64bit||$75|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2020 64bit||$65|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2019 64bit||$65|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 64bit||$65|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 64bit||$65|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2016||$65|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2015||$60|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2014||$60|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2013||$60|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2012||$60|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2011||$60|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2010||$60|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2009||$60|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2008||$60|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2007||$50|
|Autodesk AutoCAD 2006||$50|
Autodesk AutoCAD software is useful in making both 2D drawings, drafts, documents & 3D models and visualizations. In 2D, drawing, drafting, and annotation features are capable of controlling the appearance of texts, creating the dimension style automatically; the user can link and update data between spreadsheets and tables within the drawing and work dynamically. In 3D visualizations, users can add lighting and materials to their models to get a practical check of the models. Users are also able to control the edges, lighting, and shading this way the Autodesk AutoCAD software allows the users to analyze the model.
The latest version Autocad design software consists of upgraded features, which are developed after the feedback of actual users. The current version of the software provides a spectacular visual experience, enhanced documentation, and new design features. In addition, users can import data from PDF files which enables them to combine with other users and take their feedback and customize the user interface.
Some of the noteworthy features of the latest version include-
Accurate documentation leads to the actual realization of designs. The user can start their design from the new tab page. Accessing a large number of design elements, open and edit an existing design is easy to do. The user can open templates; update from design feeds, or design data residing on A360 project collaboration software.
Enhancement of PDF includes addition of notes and dimension in the PDF. Searching text is also very easy, user can maintain the hyperlinks to the drawings.
Smart dimensioning is also a very important feature of AutoCAD. In this, the software automatically creates the dimension notes of the object selected by the user.
Revision clouds help in quickly identify the changes in the drawing. In the upgraded version, it is now easy to edit the size and shape of the revision cloud irrespective of the previous shape (rectangular, polygonal, or freehand).
The Ribbon gallery offers a fast and spontaneous workflow for users. To add a block to the current design, the user only hove over the ribbon for a block insertion. The Block gallery will show thumbnails of all the blocks. From there, the user can easily select and insert without having to use a dialog box.
Next big thing is the command preview tool, which helps reduce the number of Undo commands. This is done by letting the user evaluate the potential changes of commands such as Offset, Fillet, and Trim. The Intelligent Command Line feature takes reviews a step further by including autocorrect, adaptive suggestions, and synonym suggestions. AutoCorrect spell-check the input and offers suggestions from a synonym list, so the user never has to see the Command Not Found message. The new version is more user-friendly hence increased functionality and productivity.
To give the ideas the real picture it is very important to have a crisp and clean design. Lines, arcs, and curves are the essential elements of designing the object. This software gives the user a spectacular visual experience.
The new version provides explicit details of the design with clear visuals such as better readability with true curves in place of line segments and line fading. The user can now adjust the work more comfortably and precisely with point cloud and easily move between horizontal and vertical planes with the help of enhanced reality computing and dynamic UCS. Point cloud object snaps give the facility to quickly create snap to edges, intersections, corners, and centerlines.
Better collaboration with Navisworks and BIM 360 Glue allows the user to paste Navisworks and BIM 360 Glue models directly inside AutoCAD. This authorizes the user to take the benefit of Navisworks’ vast file format support to bring models into AutoCAD from other applications. Moreover, users can access live maps directly inside the canvas, which means they can use online maps as static images and can create PDFs using geolocation map.
The user can now extract Isolate curves through a specific point on any surface or top of an object to explain the curves of any shape in use. A preview is also available of the resulting line before the user picks the point. The user can also specify the directions of the isoline, which can be either U or V.
Another feature is the selection of 2D and 3D curves for PressPull operation, which was not available in earlier versions of the software. These freehand 3D design tools help the user to generate ideas in any possible form. The users can PressPull faces, vertices, and edges to give finishing objects. Solid, mesh and surface modeling give the user the required amount of freedom and control while designing 3D.
To analyze the continuity, curvature, and drafts of 3D models users can use surface tools. For analyzing surface continuity, the user can use Zebra analysis. To quickly, and easily change the viewport settings, views and visual styles viewport controls are used. The navigation bar consists of tools like view cube, slow motion, and steering wheels.
Collaboration with teammates
Communication and taking reviews from other project members is a necessary part of any project. While designing model in AutoCAD if designers can communicate with each other give and take feedback then the final product will be what it is supposed to be. This integrated AutoCAD can works across all the connected systems, cloud and mobile. The user can view, share, and edit the design on any device or web browser.
The design and the conversation are done at the same place, but it’s up to the user whether he/she wants to keep the comments intact or remove them. The user can strip them off by using built-in tools in the eTransmit and File Save workflows. DWG technology ensures that all the elements in the drawings, and the connectivity between those elements, is retained. All AutoCAD products rely on this technology to store share and documentation. The user can directly import models from Inventor 3D CAD software into the AutoCAD model space environment thus saves time. User can very easily shares and reuses CAD files with PDF support within AutoCAD software. The materials library, gives access to hundreds of visually rich, predefined surface materials.
One of the best features of AutoCAD is the customization flexibility it offers. It is built as an open architecture so allows the user to customize as per the need and demand. Not only this Autodesk AutoCAD software also gives a failsafe in the form of a Sysvar monitor if anything goes wrong. This monitor will keep an eye on the unwanted changes in the system settings, protect the drafting work. The exchange app is created to market general productivity tools, and other applications for specific disciplines to share information. Users can access apps and tools generated by teammates and allow them to use AutoCAD with settings that fit their needs. Designers and engineers can easily coordinate their customer preferences and access files on multiple machines. Every company has diverse needs and no software platform can be ideal in such a condition. It is not easy to find a perfect off-the-shelf software product that completes all the business requirements. The smart thing is to find software, which can be modifying as per the unique requirements. Organizations can customize their interface and meet the needs of the company by using this customizable user interface.
AutoCAD’s Mac OS version helps the user to be more creative. It provides the facility of team collaboration on various platforms easily with the ability to map XREF file paths from Mac to Windows machines, including networked servers. Sharing drawing and models back and forth is like a cake walk. Other features are specific to Mac users like, a user can find high-definition graphics throughout the user interface from toolbars and icons to in-canvas line representation that works well with the human retina display’s high-resolution graphics capacity. Other Mac features include multi-touch gestures, overflow navigation.
The benefit of AutoCAD to users
• Innovate new products and improve their performance
• AutoCAD saves users from product failures and warranty issues.
• Helps to win more bids by providing the tools and workflows to design and build great products.
• AutoCAD also intends to assist the user to the machine, print, inspect, and manufacture quality product parts such as the car, wind turbine, and aircraft components.
• Also, the software helps the user to design and deliver better buildings, scalable and sustainable infrastructure projects, manage construction costs, and forecast project outcomes.
• To design and develop better models, the software offers 3D modeling and visualization features and functionalities. The user can easily apply different 3D modeling techniques to create realistic 3D models of products and their parts. Thus, the program enables the user to build 3D wireframes, solids, surfaces, and meshes.
• To achieve photorealistic pictures of 3D models, the software provides them to attach materials to 3D objects; also user can add lights to scenes. The user can control how the attached materials, the lighting, and the shadows appear in their models and can give the teammates and prospective clients a better picture of their conceptual designs
• Users can also create section planes in the software. Section planes are very useful to attain cross-sectional views of 3D objects. The user can alter and move section planes to examine the inside details of 3D objects, allow them to cut through solids, surfaces, meshes, or regions.
• This software gives the facility to the users to control how the texts in their 2D drawings appear. Simply by changing its text settings, users will be able to adjust font, line spacing, justification, and color. Also, when users modify the text settings, all the text objects in the drawing that are using the current settings will automatically change.
• The software also gives users the facility to organize the dimension settings. This means to control the arrowhead style, text location, and lateral tolerances. Users will be able to create dimension styles and apply them automatically to all the dimensions of the drawing.
• By using powerful 2D drawing feature users can link tables within their 2D designing to data in MS Excel spreadsheets. As a result, the user can easily and quickly import formulas and calculated data from MS Excel spreadsheet into their tables. Therefore, when the user adds any row or column to a linked sheet the changes automatically updated on the table the spreadsheet is linked to. In addition to this, a linked spreadsheet will be updated automatically once the user makes changes to a table.
• AutoCAD enables its users to import data from PDFs into the designs they make using the program. The user is able to share and reuse design data from their PDF files. They can also import 2D geometry, TrueType texts, and images into AutoCAD. The program also provides an SHF text recognition tool, which allows the users to convert text with SHF fonts into a text object.
• AutoCAD brings in the PDF import enhancement as SHF texts from PDF files created within the software are imported into the drawings as geometries. Since the PDF file format can’t recognize SHF fonts, the user can not edit the imported texts contain lines, arcs, and circles. After the introduction of the SHF text recognition tool, the users can easily transform the imported SHF texts from PDFs text objects, and they can edit SHF texts more conveniently.
• Moreover, users can also import non-Autodesk 3D models into their AutoCAD drawings, can insert geographic locations and display online maps in their drawings, and also can attach drawing and image files to current drawings as external references.